- This event has passed.
Leading The CWPP Process
March 20 - March 21$450
Community Wildfire Protection Plans are foundational in building a fire adapted community. They identify the people, places, and partnerships needed for significant change, and bring partners to a shared vision for the next five years. For community leaders and fire department volunteers and staff, writing a CWPP for the first time can be overwhelming, and we are here to help.
This course will enable fire departments, forest NGOs, community leaders, & local government staff to write their own clear and actionable CWPPs that meet or exceed CSFS Minimum Standards and can be updated every five years. This course will empower community leaders to better engage with their communities, identify and prioritize key projects, and open the path to funding for implementation.
Participants will learn about:
- Mapping the process of CWPP development
- Assessing local risk with everyday tools
- Gathering community input
- Prioritizing treatments with partners
- Creating and implementing an action plan
Participants will receive:
- Ready-to-use CWPP document template
- Three hours of one-on-one coaching after the class
- Community assessment, survey, and outreach templates
- Tools for decision making and process facilitating