We are partnering to make our forests resilient, protect communities and keep our water supplies reliable.
We are working across land ownerships to increase the scale and pace of forest restoration by bringing fire back into our watershed management toolbox.
Northern Colorado Fireshed Collaborative (NCFC) participants represent federal, state, and local government agencies; nonprofit organizations; university-based entities; and watershed coalitions. The full NCFC meets three to four times a year. Participation is not contingent on committee membership.
Core to the purpose of each committee is to identify barriers and solutions to implement prescribed fire successfully in a highly populated urban interface and at a pace and scale adequate to meet the challenge of wildland fire.
Steering Committee Members:
- Tony Cheng, Colorado Forest Restoration Institute
- Chaska Huayhuaca-Frye, Colorado Forest Restoration Institute
- Corrina Marshall, Northern Colorado Fireshed Collaborative/The Ember Alliance
- Allen Gallamore, Colorado State Forest Service
- Max Erickson, Colorado State Forest Service
- Hally Strevey, Coalition for the Poudre River Watershed
- Megan Maiolo-Heath, Coalition for the Poudre River Watershed
- Emily Olsen, National Forest Foundation
- Jack Pritchard, National Forest Foundation
- George Marlin, Clear Creek County Commissioner
- Jason Sieg, U.S. Forest Service
- Monte Williams, U.S. Forest Service
- Daniel Godwin, U.S. Forest Service
- Paul Orbuch, Boulder County Fireshed
- Parker Titus, The Nature Conservancy
- Koren Nydick, National Park Service
Northern Colorado Fireshed Investment Committee & Fund:
The Northern Colorado Fireshed Investment Committee will make recommendations to the NFF for Fund investments based on funding proposals received from NCFC partners. The Investment Committee will coordinate the process of developing requests for proposals, soliciting and/or inviting proposals, and will set forth the submission requirements. The Investment Committee will apply criteria informed by the Steering Committee to evaluate proposals to determine alignment with priorities and relative merit. NFF will track and communicate specific requirements for each funding source to the Investment Committee (e.g., geography restrictions, reporting requirements, etc.).
The Northern Colorado Fireshed Fund was established in partnership with the National Forest Foundation and the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests to support the activities of the Northern Colorado Fireshed Collaborative. The Fund allows the Fireshed Collaborative to cultivate and allocate diverse funding sources to support activities that advance its mission and helps to achieve impacts at the large landscape level and across jurisdictional boundaries.
Round 1 funding announcement >>